Co Clare Ireland|
Historic Dutch Tjalk Barge (1908) on the River Shannon. Originally a sea-going sailing barge, Argo was motorised in 1945, and converted into a live-aboard vessel in the mid 1950’s.
The current owners purchased her in 2007 and have been living on-board happily cruising the rivers and lakes around the River Shannon.
Argo is in great condition has a spacious interior with good natural light. The wheelhouse offers seating and access to the main deck (BBQ, picnic table etc.).
|Vessel type:||Motorised Barge|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||M.A.N. 120 H.P|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||25m|
|Hull type:||Rounded with bilge keels|
|Fuel capacity:||500 Litres|
|Water capacity:||1400 Litres|
|Holding tank capacity:||400 Litres|
1. Forward cabin (master bedroom) with kingsize bed, built in wardrobe, dressing table and chest of drawers.
2. Mid cabin (small double bedroom).
3. Aft cabin (large double bedroom) with ensuite (shower, toilet and sink).
• Wood burning stove and oil fired central heating throughout
• Dining room table plus 4 x chairs
• Chas lounge
• TV connection
• Built in cupboards (ample storage)
• Fridge, chest freezer and washing machine
• Gas cooker (4 ring plus oven)
• Breakfast counter
• 12 volt built in lights
• Jacuzzi bath
• Toilet and sink
• Power Shower
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.